Wednesday, September 22, 2010

new gift idea.

A while back I caught a clip of Good Things Utah where a guest came on and taught how to dress up some gifts and make them extraordinary. Whenever she is at a thrift store she buys old plates and tea cups with matching saucers to use as a way to gift some treats. You can put some cookies on a nicer looking plate that only cost you 50 cents instead of an ugly paper plate. So when I was at the D.I. looking for cheap frames to refurb. I found a few things I could use as gifts. So here is my version.


The one I liked the most from Good Things Utah was the teacup with a cupcake sitting inside, clear wrapping paper, with a bow. However, I didn't have time to make some cupcakes, so I just bought a bag of candy and filled the cup and saucer. Best part; All together it cost me $4 and it took me maybe 5 minutes to put together. If you want to go further you can tie on a little tag. I thought it turned out so cute! What do you think?

All wrapped up! Forgive the ugly sad bow. I really wanted to use this ribbon, but when I looked in my ribbon box I only had a little left. Sad, I know. All my other ribbon seemed to clash so I had to use this one. Hope this gives you good ideas to use for thank you's, birthday's, or even just thinking of you gifts.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

That's such a cute idea! I miss good things Utah!

Amy said...

Way cute!!!