Saturday, May 7, 2011

the start of a LONG month.

I have heard of so many people doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, so I thought I might give it a try. Right now my mom and sisters are into getting healthy and fit so what better way to, by doing this 30 Day Shred together! Half of us are doing the 30 DS and the other half are doing their own things, however, we are still doing it all together. It is so much easier to work out and lose weight when you have support. We started a secret Facebook group of just us Banner girls so we have a place to lend support and updates of our fitness status. So when does this start?? Monday!!! (Good thing the double birthday party/Mother's Day events are Sunday.) That day is going to be the start of a very, very long month. But, hopefully rewarding! Not only am I going to be doing the 30 DS, but I am preparing for a Dash for Diabetes 5K that happens in TWO WEEKS!!


My dieting secrets:


Make your own rules that fit your own lifestyle and body. Dieting is different for everybody and the results are never the same for every person. It takes time to figure out what works best. I cannot tell you how many different dieting techniques I have tried!


Set goals. This one is pretty huge. Never set vague goals or put time constraints on the goals. You will only get discouraged if you start seeing yourself behind in your goal. Weekly goals are awesome! I'm sort of against making goals on how much weight you want to lose. It's best to just have a target weight, but don't make it a priority goal. Instead make goals that can help you lose the weight, they are more fun. Such as, no sweets for 30 days (that one was difficult for me!), run a mile under 10 minutes, drink 64 fl. oz. of water per day, etc. You get the idea.


Have rewards. I find it a lot easier to finish a goal if I know there is a reward for me in the end. Since I am doing a lot of working out this month, I am allowed to have a piece of candy IF I workout that day.


Those are the main ones that have helped me lose weight thus far. Do you have any tips of your own?? Only a little more to go! GET FIT!

1 comment:

Amy said...

you're my hero--and inspiration!