Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crayon Tin

Currently, I teach the five year old children in Primary at church and they LOVE to color. I had three small boxes of crayons and they were getting pretty beat up, so I kept trying to think of something cute to put them in.
This is what I came up with.
I started out with this plain white tin that I bought at JoAnns for only three dollars. They have different sizes and either white, red, or plain silver.

Next, I mod podged scrapbook paper on the top and side of the lid. You can also use fabric for this as well, your preferrence. Tip: fabric does sit more flush when you mod podge. Paper tends to wrinkle very easily. My sister made fun of me because I love to mod podge so much, but it is just so dang easy and it makes things so much cuter! Thanks Judy.


Then, I mod podged the side of the bottom. I didn't go all the way up because I was afraid of the lid not fitting very well. If you want to be even more safe, you can spray the tin with a clear coating at the end.


Problem solved.

These tins can also be used around the house. For receipts, small craft items, or even to hold things in your kids' rooms. You can also dress them up as much as you want! I left mine simple since it will be crammed in my church bag. You can add lettering and labels, whatever you want. Use your imagination!

1 comment:

The Bennetts said...

I LOVE your mod podge stuff. Everyting always turns out so cute!